Thursday, September 5, 2013

Spun and done!


You may recall that a couple of months ago, I took a pile of wool and decided to turn it into yarn for a bathmat. Now this was a truly random lot of yarn, some of it beautifully prepared by Melanie, some poorly prepared by me, and a few commercial braids thrown in. I took all pressure off myself spinning it. My only goal was for it to be thick. It didn't have to be even, or regular or anything. While I was spinning most of this I was listening to Stephen King's 11.22.63, which was an amazing listen. the whole spinning experience was wonderful. I just relaxed into it.

I got five bobbins of singles, which two plied up into a kilogram of bulky yarn.

It's perfect, in the sense that I wanted to make sprongy, crazy barberpole yarn. It's renewed my love for spinning, and I'm starting to plan what I'm going to do next on my wheel.

2 comments:

  1. The colors are beautiful, Sharon (Saw your yarn on ravelry and had to visit your blog!) I think it will be a gorgeous bathmat - I can't wait to see what it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was a ton of fun to spin!

    ReplyDelete