Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Eskerina (discworld socks IV)

Given that I just bought a new sock knitting bag, I decided it was time to knit some socks. The next pattern in the Discworld sock project was Eskerina and I have chosen some Mosely Park yarn. It’s a Bamboo Merino Nylon blend which doesn't even appear on their website right now. I bought it at Bendigo 2013I was looking for orange yarn, because I don’t have any orange socks.

 It has been pointed out to me that this is more of an apricot than an orange, but either way I love it. It has an amazing variation of colour for something that is essentially a solid colour and is knitting up into a dense, soft, wonderful fabric. It also shows off the lace pattern really well. I am a bit shocked that I wanted orange socks a year and a half ago, and it took me this long to get on to knitting them. Still, better late than never, and these are turning out to be magnificent socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment