The other day I finished the second Little Coffee Bean Cardigan and yesterday I sewed buttons on both of them. Incidentally, I hate sewing on buttons. I'm not sure if I mentioned, they are for my friend Helen, who is having twin boys in February. While my initial intention was to knit two completely different cardigans, I finished the first one at the cricket before lunch time, so I cast on a second with the colours reversed. I think they are adorable. I was going to make matching hats but, much to my surprise I have run out of the light blue cotton.
We are heading off for some camping and hiking and general R&R on Friday, so I'm currently in planning and preparing mode. Of course that mainly means deciding what to knit - I'm going to make the Old Romance cardigan by Joji Locatelli. The yarn is wound and I'm ready to go. I completed Leon's Winter Set (2023) just in time, and it's currently blocking. I'm reading Georgette Hayer's Fredrica , which I am enjoying very much. Regency romance is so sweet and, unlike current romance offerings, I know it won't suddenly tumble into gynaecological territory! For unexplained reasons, NetGalley is offering some Georgette Heyer books at the moment - (maybe it's re-release?) and I'm taking this opportunity to read a few more of them And that's my week in knitting and reading. To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as Sharondoublekni t and on GoodReads as Sharondblk . I'm joining in with Kat ...

Comments
Post a Comment