Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Yarnalong - the one with a bonus cat

This has been a very satisfying week on the reading, knitting and listening fronts.

I'm listening to Lionel Shriver's A New Republic. It didn't get the best reviews, but I am really enjoying it. The narrator is perfect and I'm finding the story interesting and engaging, if a little tedious in odd moments.

I just finished The Abyss Beyond Dreams last night and loved it. It's the first half of a series and I can't wait until the second one comes out, in the unannounced future. Meanwhile I've started Everything that Remains a sort of memoir from a couple guys who did the minimalist thing and have a blog. Like I was talking about yesterday, I'm exploring my relationship with stuff, and this is a story about one guys changing relationship with his stuff. So far, it seems like a good read.

And I'm knitting Apres Surf Hoodie, and so far I'm enjoying that very much too. So a week from knitting, reading and listening to good things.
Pop over to Ginny's blog to see what she, and others are knitting and reading this week too.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo with your cat! My cat was very keen to be in the picture this week, I did finally manage to get one without an ear/nose/tail in it!!

    ReplyDelete