On Monday I cast on for Cookie A's Rhombus socks. Its a stunning design, where every stitch is charted and there are make one purl left and make one purl right and all sorts of fancy things going on. The yarn is from a glitter sock yarn from Stranded in Oz, and I thought I would wear them to Bendigo this year. My first mistake was casting on at Springvale Railway station while waiting for the train. I misread "cast on 60 stitches, put multiples of twelve onto each needle" as "cast on 12 stitches on each needle". I did that, merrily knitting along, although until I got home and looked at the book I was really struggling with the increases, and in two places there are holes. I thought about ripping, but decided it would be fine. I knew something wasn't right, since the pattern diagram says that there are five pattern repeats, and I only had four. Somehow, in my head, 12 x 4 made 60. At the end of the night I looked at it and it was tiny. Really, really small. The embarrassing thing is how long it took me to work out what I had done wrong! So, I've ripped it, but rather than starting it again I've opted for a much simpler sock. I guess that's where my head is at right now.